There areSCADSof great art education opportunities around town –PUN INTENDED
If you haven’t been exposed to the incredible variety of arts exploding all over Marietta and Cobb County, you must not get out much. The cultural medley of fine art galleries and museums, dance conservatories, theatre troupes, symphonies, orchestras, bands and even culinary offerings could keep you busy most days of the week. Have you been inspired by a performance or had a physical reaction to a moving piece of artwork and thought, “That looks like something I’d like to try.”
YOU’RE IN LUCK!
Marietta/Atlanta is home to an extraordinary variety of educational opportunities for every level of learning from art explorers to committed masters. Art changes lives, and we are passionate about art exploration.
Why take an art class? Well-known author Stephen Covey says that successful people “sharpen the saw.” Learning something new falls in that category, and learning art has many benefits. Among other things, it will spark your creativity; sharpen problem-solving skills; strengthen concentration and focus; develop your non-verbal communication and more.
Spring is a time of new beginnings, and a great time to take an art class. We’ve put together a list of some of our favorite visual art opportunities.
dk Artists Teach!
- Helen DeRamus, Encaustic Artist. Class Information Here.
- Karen Appleton, Painter. Class Information Here.
- Kevin Chambers, Sculptor. Class Information Here.
- Kris Meadows, Painter. Class Info Here.
- The Art Place, Marietta. Class Info Here.
- Roswell Art Center West.Class Info Here.
- The Art School At Binders. Class Info Here.
Keeping it Light:
It’s Getting Serious Up In Here:
- Kennesaw State University School of Arts & Design.Class Info Here.
- SCAD.Class Info Here.
- The Art Institute of Atlanta.Class Info Here.